-Available in 5 or 25 Litres
BLACK BITUMEN ROOFING PRIMER
A low viscosity, high penetration, cold applied bituminous solution designed to prime and seal porous roof surfaces prior to the application of bituminous materials.
Multicrete Bitumen Primer seals porous substrates and promotes the adhesion of bituminous waterproofing systems and sheet coverings. It may be applied to a range of surfaces like:
Metals - Mild Steel, Zinc, Lead
Lightweight concrete screeds
Method of Application
Multicrete Bitumen Primer should be applied by brush ensuring an even coat with no pooling, or applied evenly by spray.
Care needs to be taken over preparation of surfaces before application. All surfaces must be free from oil, dirt, dust and loose debris. On metal surfaces all loose rust should be removed using a wire brush and where advanced signs of corrosion are evident the area be treated with a rust inhibitor. Surfaces should be dry for best results, although Multicrete Bitumen Primer will adhere to damp but not wet surfaces. Multicrete Bitumen Primer is resistant to rainfall within 20-30 minutes of application.
The coverage per litre is dependent upon the porosity of the surface:
Metal surfaces: 6-12m² per litre
Concrete: 6-8m² per litre
Lightweight concrete screeds and asbestos cement: 3.5-5m² per litre
Tools may be cleaned with white spirit. Minor spillages should be wiped off surfaces before the compound has set. Major spillages should be mopped up immediately with an inert, absorbent material, such as sand, and disposed of in accordance with regulations.
Indefinite in undamaged, tightly sealed containers. Containers must be kept sealed and stored away from sources of heat and ignition.
Health & Safety
Multicrete Bitumen Primer is solvent based and gives off an inflammable vapour. The solvent may have a narcotic effect if inhaled or absorbed through the skin. In extreme cases contact with the skin may cause dermatitis. In case of fire use dry powder, carbon dioxide (CO2), foam, sand or earth. Never use water as this may spread the fire. Therefore the following precautions are advised:
1. Wear protective clothing
2. Avoid smoking, hot lights, naked flames or creating sparks
3. Never ingest, wash hands thoroughly before eating or drinking
4. Avoid contact with the skin, eyes and non protective clothing. Remove skin contamination immediately with a proprietary hand cleaner and wash with soap and water.
5. When working with the product, until it has dried, ensure that the area is well ventilated thereby avoiding build up of solvent vapour.
6. Do not apply to roof lights, windows, glass or translucent sheets as they will constitute a hidden hazard.