Multicrete TARMAC RESTORER is a blend of bitumens formulated to restore worn tarmac and asphalt surfaces. It can be used on paths, drives, car parks etc, to repair small cracks and holes and restore appearance.
Please note all non-palletised orders of this product will be dispatched under limited quantity transport regulations in 5 litre containers
- Ready to use
- Easy to apply
Coverage: 1-2m² per litre per coat. One coat is generally sufficient for many applications.
- When not in use, store in a tightly sealed container, indoors.
- 12 month shelf life for unopened and undamaged containers.
- Curing only begins on application to the substrate, however when not in use, any open containers should be sealed tightly.
- Avoid product storage near sources of heat.
- Thoroughly clean and dry surfaces so that they are free from loose material.
- Remove moss, lichen and weeds by jet-washing, scraping, degreasing or wire brushing.
- Ensure the surface is completely dry before application.
- Drying time is normally touch dry after 5 hours, however moisture will delay the cure.
- Do not allow the coating to become wet an hour after application.
- After installation, the area should be kept clean and dry for 12-18 hours (depending on ambient temperatures) otherwise the product may become affected, resulting in discolouration and lack of cure.
- Prior to application, ensure that the product is thoroughly mixed to an even consistency.
- Do not apply to damp, wet or cold surfaces
- Use in temperatures above 10oc
- Apply with a brush or paint roller
- Most surfaces only required a single coat, however sometimes a second coat may be required.
- Each coat should be applied generously but evenly.
- Avoid over coating as this will detract from the overall appearance.
- Any small defects ie small holes or cracks should be filled prior to application.
- To ensure compatibility with the surface to be treated, a small test patch should be treated and allowed to cure for approx 1 hour.
- Check for any softening of the substrate which would de-note lack of compatibility.
- Tools may be cleaned using white spirit
- Clean any spillages before the bitumen paint has time to cure.
Hazards & Safety
- Allow for appropriate ventilation when used in confined spaces, until the product is completely dry.
- Wear appropriate PPE
- Avoid inhalation or consumption.
- Avoid direct contact with skin and eyes.
- In the event of excessive inhalation of the vapour, remove person to fresh air and call for medical attention.
- Wash eyes thoroughly with clean, cold water should eyes be affected, call for medical attention.
- If the coating becomes alight, extinguish with a carbon dioxide, dry chemical or foam fire extinguisher, sand or earth.