Multicrete TARMAC RESTORER is a blend of bitumens formulated to restore worn tarmac and asphalt surfaces. It can be used on paths, drives, car parks etc, to repair small cracks and holes and restore appearance.
- Ready to use
- Easy to apply
Coverage: 1-2m² per litre per coat. One coat is generally sufficient for many applications.
- When not in use, store in a tightly sealed container, indoors.
- 12 month shelf life for unopened and undamaged containers.
- Curing only begins on application to the substrate, however when not in use, any open containers should be sealed tightly.
- Avoid product storage near sources of heat.
- Thoroughly clean and dry surfaces so that they are free from loose material.
- Remove moss, lichen and weeds by jet-washing, scraping, degreasing or wire brushing.
- Ensure the surface is completely dry before application.
- Drying time is normally touch dry after 5 hours, however moisture will delay the cure.
- Do not allow the coating to become wet an hour after application.
- After installation, the area should be kept clean and dry for 12-18 hours (depending on ambient temperatures) otherwise the product may become affected, resulting in discolouration and lack of cure.
- Prior to application, ensure that the product is thoroughly mixed to an even consistency.
- Do not apply to damp, wet or cold surfaces
- Use in temperatures above 10oc
- Apply with a brush or paint roller
- Most surfaces only required a single coat, however sometimes a second coat may be required.
- Each coat should be applied generously but evenly.
- Avoid over coating as this will detract from the overall appearance.
- Any small defects ie small holes or cracks should be filled prior to application.
- To ensure compatibility with the surface to be treated, a small test patch should be treated and allowed to cure for approx 1 hour.
- Check for any softening of the substrate which would de-note lack of compatibility.
- Tools may be cleaned using white spirit
- Clean any spillages before the bitumen paint has time to cure.
Hazards & Safety
- Allow for appropriate ventilation when used in confined spaces, until the product is completely dry.
- Wear appropriate PPE
- Avoid inhalation or consumption.
- Avoid direct contact with skin and eyes.
- In the event of excessive inhalation of the vapour, remove person to fresh air and call for medical attention.
- Wash eyes thoroughly with clean, cold water should eyes be affected, call for medical attention.
- If the coating becomes alight, extinguish with a carbon dioxide, dry chemical or foam fire extinguisher, sand or earth.