Multicrete Universal Concrete Sealer is a high quality acrylic solvent based clear sealer, designed to protect concrete by repelling water, dirt, oil and fuel, whilst enhancing the concrete based area.
Please note all non-palletised orders of this product will be dispatched under limited quantity transport regulations in 5 litre containers
- Ready for use no dilution required
- Surface dry in 1-4 hours (air and ground temperature dependant)
- High Solids
- Enhances concrete drives and patios.
Application for Plain and Imprinted Concrete Areas
- For new surfaces leave up to 7 days after new concrete is laid. Ensure the surface is clean and thoroughly dry.
- For old surfaces fully clean off with power wash, ensure surface is free of stains and debris.
- Allow to thoroughly dry prior to application. This may take several days.
- Do not be tempted to power wash in the morning and apply sealant in the same day.
- Can be applied by course droplet low level, chemical resistant sprayer, soft bristled brush or roller. (Do not use plastic coloured brushes)
- Avoid excess pooling and over coating.
- Ensure expansion joints are well cleaned and allowed to thoroughly dry.
- Tints can be used but are not recommended unless they have been applied in the past or there is an issue with bare concrete visible.
Application for Block Paving
- For new surfaces Sealants should never be applied to freshly laid paving. It usually takes at least 3 or 4 months for the jointing sand to properly settle and for any efflorescence to disappear. We recommend that you do not seek to get your paving sealed for at least 6 months after installation. Should it be sealed too soon, you will be sealing in any problems and the application of sealant cannot easily be reversed.
- For old surfaces fully clean off with power wash, apply premium weed and moss inhibitor. Allow to dry thoroughly (a minimum of 3-4 days of completely dry weather) and re-apply jointing sand prior to sealant application.
- Ensure the entire area is completely dry, clean and free of debris.
- Remove all traces of weeds, algae stains, lichen and any other old stain.
- Ensure no sand remains on the surface of the blocks.
- On occasion, washing or pressure cleaning will cause reactive efflorescence and substrate saturation. Therefore allow at least 2 weeks between cleaning and application of sealant to allow to dry out and to check for reappearance.
- 2-4 square metres per litre depending on the substrate, porosity of surface and application method. Some porous surfaces may require more than a single coat.
- Do not apply when ground temperatures are below 8oc
- Do not apply to damp or wet surfaces
- Do not apply when rain is imminent or if efflorescence is present
- Do not walk on treated area till dry
- Do not park vehicles on treated surface for 24-48hrs
- Do not use on clay surfaces
- Not recommended for use on Indian sandstone, limestone or natural stone
- Inclusion of additives such as colour tints, pigments and anti-slip agents may affect final finish
- Some sealants may impart a glossy, wet look that isnt always to everyones taste and some products may not be suitable for your particular type of paving. Therefore, it is always advised to test the sealant on a small discreet area before applying it to the whole driveway or patio.
- Always perform a test patch on block paving as you may find that the ground is holding water. The block may appear surface dry, however the block underneath may still be wet.
- Its advised that sealants are applied to block paving by someone in the trade. This is because once the sealant has been applied, it cannot easily be removed. A professional will also be able to advise on how many coats should be applied.
Please note solvent based sealants may bloom should damp or moisture be present before full cure has taken place. Solvents are released during the cure that normally permeate through the sealer, however if the sealant is applied too thickly, the substrate is damp or cold, blooming may occur giving the appearance of milky white or silvery cloud effect, this may look patchy, spotty in certain areas or across the whole driveway or patio.
If you experience a bloom in your finished sealed surface please understand that although this looks unsightly, this is not a product fault and can be rectified with xylene or bloom remover.